What is the Ecoflo septic system?
The Ecoflo biofilter is the most sustainable septic system available and the best way to protect your property and the environment for the future.
This energy-free treatment system gently removes wastewater pollutants with a filter made of coconut husk fragments or a combination of coco and peat moss. Both materials are natural and compostable, and coco is 100% renewable.
The Ecoflo biofilter offers many advantages over other septic systems:
- fast and easy to install
- up to 50% smaller than other systems
- never damages your landscaping
- no full-system replacements
- maintains selling value of your property
Why is the Ecoflo biofilter sustainable?
From production and shipping to installation, maintenance, and usage, the Ecoflo biofilter has the lowest carbon footprint of any comparable product on the market — and the numbers to prove it.
1. Based on analyses of septic installations in Québec.
2. Systems installed in low-permeability soil and rated for three-bedroom homes.
3. Distances between installations and required materials assumed to be 60 km for filtration sand and stone, 33 km for backfill.
4. Ecoflo biofilter installations include Premier Tech compact sand filter.
Where is the Ecoflo septic system used?
The Ecoflo biofilter is most often a solution for:
- primary residences
- seasonal cottages
- residential developments
- apartment buildings
- campgrounds and parks
- office buildings
- temporary work camps
How does the Ecoflo septic system work?
Wastewater first flows into a septic tank. Solids settle on the bottom of the tank and liquids flow into the Ecoflo biofilter for treatment.
Inside the Ecoflo biofilter, a non-mechanical tipping bucket scatters wastewater across perforated distribution plates. Wastewater drips through these plates and falls across a filter made of coconut husk fragments or a combination of coco and peat moss.
This filter is the heart of the Ecoflo septic system. It creates a physical barrier that captures and removes wastewater pollutants.
After percolating through the all-natural filter, wastewater flows downstream for additional treatment or for safe discharge into the environment.
After your Ecoflo biofilter is installed, we visit you on site to teach you how it works, answer your questions, and make sure your septic system is working perfectly.
Please note that this service may not be available in all regions.
Ecoflo septic system maintenance
We have a global network of local service partners, trained by us to maximize the life of your filtering medium and to protect your investment in your Ecoflo septic system.
- full system inspection
- filter aeration to promote healthy bacterial activity
- filter scarification to ensure optimal biofiltration
By having the filtering medium in your Ecoflo biofilter renewed after 10 to 15 years, you guarantee your system always protects your property and the environment.
- renews original performance warranty
- no excavation required
- no damage to your landscaping
- used filters are 100% compostable