Prevents property contamination
Protects public health
Treatment in a single reactor
Managed by one electrical panel
6 to 250 PE
Residential or commercial
Flow variation management
Nitrogen reduction solutions
Minimal operating costs
High sludge breakdown
What is a sequencing batch reactor?
The compact Rewatec sequencing batch reactor (SBR) is a simple installation that treats wastewater in a single tank, with a single chamber.
Our SBR technology removes pollutants through cyclic aeration, clarification, and discharge that returns effluent to the environment in accordance with local requirements. These intermittent aeration cycles break down solids and provide oxygen to microorganisms that feed on organic wastewater pollutants.
This is the perfect solution for residential and commercial projects striving for high performance with minimal energy consumption.
- single-family homes
- apartment buildings
- office buildings
- small communities
- golf courses
How does our Rewatec SBR technology work?
The Rewatec SBR is different than traditional treatment systems. Wastewater enters the treatment tank directly, so there is no need to add an equalization tank. This reduces costs and makes installation easier.
Treated effluent undergoes filling and emptying cycles through a low-load activated sludge process in a single reactor. Each cycle consists of three phases: aeration, clarification, and discharge. Cycles occur sequentially through predefined timings on the control panel.
The total duration of cycles depends on the model chosen. The Solido SMART, which serves up to 25 PE, has two cycles of 12 hours per day. Our SBRs for more than 50 PE have three cycles of 8 hours per day.
Aeration, clarification, and discharge
For communities of more than 50 PE, it is always recommended to install a screening system upstream of the reactor.
- In the aeration phase, a blower feeds membrane diffusers that aerate the system.
- In the clarification phase, solids, including microorganisms, sink to the bottom of the tank.
- In the discharge phase, treated effluent is discharged by a patented “airlift” (Solido SMART model) or a submerged pump fitted with a suction system and a skimmer that prevents the suction of supernatant fluid and decanted sludge (SBR models for more than 50 PE).
Some solids remain inside the tank to treat the next batch of wastewater. This is what is known as activated sludge. Excess sludge should be removed as recommended in our manual.
1. Filling and aeration
Guaranteed treatment performance
- COD < 125 mg/L
- BOD5 < 25 mg/L
- TSS < 35 mg/L
SBR system maintenance
Premier Tech recommends that you follow maintenance instructions according to the model installed. Protect your investment, maximise its service life, and maintain your warranty by having your system regularly inspected.
If you need to check the condition of your Rewatec SBR system, please feel free to contact us.
Rewatec SBR system warranty
For more than 25 years, we have developed sustainable, long-lasting products that make a difference for our clients, our professional partners, and our planet.
Our experience allows us to offer the most comprehensive warranty in the industry, and to do it in an open and honest manner.
The Rewatec SBR system warranty* includes:
- 5 years for polyethylene tanks manufactured by Premier Tech
- 2 years for control panels and pumps
- 1 year for blowers
- proper system functioning and performance, if maintenance is carried out by our team
* Equipment must be properly installed and maintenance must be carried out in accordance with Premier Tech’s guidelines and by certified maintenance teams.